adidas has launched the first-ever Ultraboost Golf that’s specifically designed for the course. Inspired by the original Ultraboost silhouette that was first unveiled in 2015, this version will offer golf-specific features to accompany the fresh style and maximum comfort that Ultraboost is so widely known for.
To celebrate Ultraboost coming to the sport for the first time, adidas is making this launch special by offering two limited-edition colourways: the legendary OG black and purple as a tribute to the first Ultraboost, and an all-grey version with pops of green. A special silver/olive colourway will be available exclusively on adidas.com to adiClub members beginning. All colourways will be offered in unisex sizing.
“At the heart of Ultraboost is a silhouette that perfectly blends high-performance with streetwear fashion, and that’s something we wanted to bring to the course,” said Masun Denison, director of global footwear, adidas Golf. “Even though it’s been around for less than a decade, it’s such an icon within the brand, so we took our time to only add pieces that would benefit golfers while still keeping the DNA that make this shoe so great. We know there are golfers out there that have been waiting for this one, so we’re excited for them to finally experience it and we’re excited for them to finally experience it out on the course.”
Built using the same last that Ultraboost-lovers are used to, the design team at adidas Golf subtly infused some golf-specific updates that all golfers will appreciate:
• ADIWEAR rubber outsole with raised textured lugs for spikeless performance and comfort on and off the course. This outsole also features an anti-clogging polished surface to help keep grass and dirt out so that traction stays at its best.
• Reinforced PRIMEKNIT upper and microfiber leather toe overlay for additional stability.
• The upper combines hydrophobic yarns in the vamp and water-repellant mesh in the back-half of the upper to help repel any unwanted moisture.
• Floating croc-textured saddle and TPU heel clip to provide lateral stability throughout the swing.
• Updated EVA sockliner is engineered for golfers as its properties include anti-slip and moisture wicking functions.
All models of Ultraboost Golf will still feature full-length BOOST cushioning so golfers can experience both comfort and energy return in every step.
The limited-edition colourways will be available on adidas.com, the adidas app and at select retailers worldwide beginning Friday, April 21. The adidas.com-exclusive silver and olive colourway will be available to adiClub members, which is free to join, from April 13.