Our inaugural Women in Football Be Inspired Conference – a full day of information and advice, speakers and sessions to supercharge your career, supported by our lead partner Barclays – will be taking place on Thursday 17 March at Wembley Stadium, London, from 9:30am-5pm. The conference will be followed by a post-event networking reception.
The programme will be jam-packed full of information and advice for all women in football, including those already working in the game as well as those who would like to but don’t know where to start. Sessions will be tailored to your experience and there really will be something for everyone, from newcomers looking for that first opportunity, to those with more experience, who want to meet and network with peers and hear from some fantastic speakers.
This member only event will be hosted by broadcaster and WIF ambassador, Jacqui Oatley MBE, and confirmed speakers include:
• Emma Hayes OBE, Manager, Chelsea FC Women
• Jo Tongue, CEO, Tongue Tied Management and Registered Intermediary
• Lungi Macebo, COO, Birmingham City FC
• Rose Read, Director of People and Culture, Brighton & Hove Albion FC
• Michelle Gull, Head of HR, West Ham United FC
• Fleur Robinson, CEO, Wrexham AFC
Thanks to our lead partner, Barclays, the conference will be free to attend. Please email us to register your interest in attending and reference ‘WIF Be Inspired Conference’ in your application.
Please be aware that interest in the conference is very high, so we can’t guarantee a place for every member who has requested one – but we’ll do our best to accommodate as many as we can.
Work experience opportunities on the day
“The on-the-day shadowing opportunities will provide four lucky next generation WIF with the chance to learn from experts and grow their network” Michelle Dorgan, Head of Marketing and Commercial at WIF.
Women in Football will be offering an opportunity for members to gain some further professional insights and knowledge at the conference by shadowing our team. One way to guarantee your place at the conference is to be selected for one of four shadowing opportunities created to support the next generation of WIF. Members can apply for one of the following opportunities:
• Photography – working with the fantastic and highly experienced Lynne Cameron (the FA, Lionesses and freelance photographer)
• Videography – learning from our brilliant videography team
• Event management – shadowing and working alongside the brilliant Road 3 events team
• Writing – working with our hugely talented Comms Manager, Pete Green, with the opportunity to have your own byline on a Be Inspired review article on our website
For more information or how to apply, please email email@example.com, stating which role you’d like to apply for, with your CV and details of any previous experience or expertise you may have.