Nike Training Club (NTC)
NTC is one of the best free apps available, backed by a famous sports brand that assures you their workouts are credible. Signing up is simple. You need an email address and your personal information, and after taking a quiz, the app creates a customised workout for you. It’s almost as simple as signing up on Netbet online casino.
● Extensive library of workouts grouped by muscle group, duration, and intensity levels.
● Consistently add workouts.
● Takes up a considerable amount of space, sometimes up to 2GB on android phones
Created by actor Chris Hemsworth this app is said to have everything you need to be a better you, and there are daily workouts, meal plans, and a mindfulness section. After the 7-day trial period, it will cost you $19.99 a month.
● Weekly planner for workouts and meals
● Wide range of training methods
● Recipes and ingredients are expensive.
Google Fit gives you a holistic view of your fitness journey. It calculates burned calories, gauges your heart rate, and maps your walks and runs via GPS. It offers the user a clearer picture of their well-being, and there is also a component that tracks your sleep and weight fluctuations.
● Syncs with most smartwatches
● Compatible with Apple Health
● Takes up a lot of space
Strava’s social media element sets it apart; you can post pictures and videos of your workouts or spectacular views of your runs. You can also interact with fellow users through the comments and like section. You can track workouts, runs, walks, and swims with the app.
● There is a recovery feature for post-workout recovery.
● Available in free mode or as a subscription plan
● Doesn’t sync with certain smartwatch brands.
Home Workout – No Equipment
This app only needs your height, weight, and fitness goals to create a personalised plan. As the name suggests, the workouts are designed to be done at home and don’t require equipment, but if you find them easy or have dumbbells lying around, you can add them in. You can set a daily reminder to keep you on track.
● There are a lot of workouts categorised by muscle group
● Men have a separate section for their home workouts.
● It might not appeal to more advanced people
● Needs constant updating
How to choose the app that’s best for you
● Choose an app that will help you reach your fitness goals. If you want to lose weight, select an app that includes an eating plan or diet tips to assist with weight loss.
● Go through the reviews, you will get a more holistic picture from the user reviews, and they can save you time and money.
Before starting any exercise or weight loss program, it is advisable to consult your doctor to make sure you don’t have any underlying issues or conditions.